Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Wonderful World of Starbucks

I think the world would be a different place without Starbucks.  I mean, they are in almost every town you visit.  So you are sitting in the drive-thru line at Starbucks going back and forth contemplating what to order.  Hot or cold?  Coffee or Tea?  Healthy or Splurge?  Then you lean over to whoever is with you in the car... "What are you going to order?" They respond... "I dunno, what about you?" And that goes on for a while.  That's how it goes for me.  So the big question is... What should you order at Starbucks?

Well, I'm not against splurging every once in a while, but I normally like to keep it on the light side so I can go about my day not feeling too weighed down.  So here are some of my options...

First, I have to mention the new Starbucks However-You-Want It Frappuccinos!!  You pick the milk, the syrup, everything!  How about a soy strawberries & creme frappuccino, tall, no whip for only 190 calories!  Oh, and did I mention that it's made with organic soymilk and it's vegan... double bonus!  Or maybe you don't want anything sweet, you just want that coffee flavor but cold, then you can get a soy coffee frappucinno, no whip for only 170 calories.  To Create Your Own Frapp online and view the the nutritional information just GO HERE.

Here are some other options that I like...

Unsweetened Green Tea, Iced or Hot
Decaf Soy Cappuccino, Iced or Hot
Decaf Soy Latte, Iced or Hot
Any Rooibos Tea, Iced or Hot
Or Just Regular Coffee 

If you want to know the nutritional information for any drink, you can always go to their website.  I haven't figured out what their sugar free syrups are made of, I have heard Stevia and Splenda, so I'm not sure, but I am going to ask next time I go.  If you get a sweet drink, they usually put like 3 pumps of sweetener in it, so to make it a little healthier you can always ask them to only do 1 or 2 pumps of syrup.

They have also started to carry really healthy and yummy snacks!

Oh, and one last thing... Starbucks has the BEST gum!!  I love gum.  You will always find some in my purse, car, or desk.  I just received a gift card for Starbucks, and I bought 5 packs of gum with it (Sam made fun of me, but I was okay with that because he knows he likes it too.)

Well, that's all I have for you today.  I'm considering changing careers to be a salesman for Starbucks. I don't think they need a salesman actually, but if you hear that they do, let me know!

What do you like to get at Starbucks??

With Love, Health, and Happiness,

Cami

0 comments:

Post a Comment