It seems like it's been a while, and I have missed you! Things have been crazy for me this past week/weekend and will be again this coming week. My next CPA exam is on July 7th so the cramming begins now, but I will try to post as often as I can!
Sam and I left for San Antonio on Friday for a beautiful wedding where Sam was a groomsman (Congrats Gregory and Amorette on their marriage!!). Sadly, we had to leave in the middle of the reception Saturday night because I had to be in Dallas Sunday morning at 8am for an exam review course. I was in bed at 2:30am Saturday night and in Dallas at 8:00am Sunday morning. Sunday was a full day of sitting in a chair until 7:00pm with only a 30 minute lunch break. Talk about feeling like a slug! So needless to say, I feel like I have been all over the world, and I have no idea what happened to my weekend!
Costo also has some amazing organic, naturally sweetened bars that I like to keep with me... Bora Bora Bars and Mrs. May's Trio Bars.
Costo is really starting to impress me these days. They even have these snacker packs of hummus, which are almost the size of an applesauce that you would pack in a sack lunch. You just need some veggies or crackers and there is the perfect snack! How cool is that!
Back to my weekend...Saturday morning I was craving a good workout after being in the car most of the day on Friday. We stayed at Sam's parents house (shout out to Becky and Dave!) so I had to figure out a way to get in a good workout without equipment. THE PLAYGROUND! There is a playground about half a mile away from their house, so I did some extra cardio (walk/run) on the way to the playground. I really wish I would have taken pictures for you!
The Playground Workout
*10 minute stretch, since I was warm from my cardio. Always stretch when you're muscles are warm.
*Repeat the following circuit 3 TIMES. Be sure to always keep your abs tight during each exercise so that you are working those abs while working other muscles too!
1. 8-15 Park Bench Incline Pushups: Face the bench and place your hands on the bench and it will be an incline pushup as you lower your chest toward the bench. Keep your abs tight!
2. 8-15 Tricep Bench Dips: The intensity and difficulty increases the more you straighten your legs.
3. Monkey Bar Pull Ups: As many as you can do. If you can't do a pull up, then do negatives...begin with your chin above the bar and very slowly lower yourself. This will gradually build those pull up muscles!
4. Side to Front Arm Raises: Raise your arms out to the side to make a "T", then lower, and then raise both arms to the front, then lower, repeat. That is one rep. Do this until you feel the burn in your shoulders! I do about 40-50 since I don't have any weight. This will give you those toned, shaped shoulder muscles (deltoids), like Kelly Ripa!
5. 3 Way Single Leg Calf Raises: I used a step on the playground equipment but you could easily use a curb. Hang your heels off of the step/curb and do 15 single leg calf raises with your feet facing forward. Then do another set with you toes facing outward working your inner calf, and another set with your toes facing inward working your outer calves.
**REPEAT 3 TIMES**
On the way back to the house, I did some walking lunges to work the buns and legs. Once I got back to the house, I wanted to do a little more ab work, so I did my new favorite ab workout... the AB CIRCUIT from the Tone It Up Girls Blog. It's a good one!
Be sure to stretch afterward too. This took me a little over an hour. Push yourself to do the circuit exercises without a break in between each exercise, and then reward yourself with a little break after each round of the full circuit. You will getter a better workout out if you push yourself and limit your breaks between exercises!
Working out on the playground was a lot of fun. It really made my workout exciting, and I kind of felt like a little kid again! I definitely recommend going to the nearest park and giving it a try. It's a great change of pace from the gym scenery too. I love being outside and working up a good sweat, so this definitely allowed me to meet and even exceed my craving for a good workout.
So these are just a few ways, I kept it healthy even with a crazy schedule and being on the road. So it is possible! That's it for now... more on how I kept it healthy over the hectic weekend to come in my next post! I hope you had a great weekend! Did you do anything exciting??
With Love, Health, and Happiness,